We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with Safety experience in a technical or engineering field to join our engineering support team. The ideal candidate for this position possesses excellent technical and communications skills. The candidate will be able to understand the technical aspects of our service offerings and how those relate to internal processes as well as OSHA requirements.
Working as a Herzig Engineering Safety Specialist, you have outstanding people and organizational skills, and a desire to work in a small business environment with a focus on safety, accuracy, and customer service.
- Implement and oversee all safety programs, including the development of site safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct training, including new hire orientation and safety meetings.
- Conduct client site safety audits
- Communication with field technicians regarding data collection practices
- Develop, implement, and train technicians on Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) program
- Perform data collection for LOTO
- Perform gap analysis of current LOTO programs, ensure compliance with OSHA regulations
- Store all safety documentation
- Develop and maintain electrical safety programs
- Develop, maintain, and store all safety procedures
- Work with outside safety consultant on an as-needed basis
- Maintain required OSHA reporting
- Ability to work across teams
Skills & Abilities
- Strong work ethic; good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to act independently with little or no supervision and work collaboratively on a team environment
- Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software.
- Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain.
- Knowledge of electrical safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements is preferred.
- A customer focused mindset
- A desire to foster long term relationships with clients and coworkers
- The ability to rapidly learn highly technical information in a dynamic work environment
- A talent for explaining technical details in comprehensible terms
- The ability to work efficiently, both independently and in a team
- Ability to read, interpret, and write/edit documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial or equivalent degree/work experience
- Proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with Brady LOTO software a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 – 25.00 per hour